Sunday, June 26, 2011

Teeth surgery

Daycen and Ashlyn had to have surgery to get their teeth fixed. They had a ton of cavities, so they put them out and fixed them all at once. To save ourselves a trip, we had them do both surgeries on the same day. It was really hard because our appointments weren't until 2 pm, so they had to fast from midnight the night before. They did have some apple juice that morning before 9am, but they were pretty hungry. Ash was so excited for her surgery, I'm not sure what she thought was going to happen, but she was pretty pumped up about it!
Dayce got to sit and watch Tangled while he waited for his turn after they were done with Ash

They took them into the OR in a wagon

Ash all finished, 5 crowns, a root canal, and several fillings later
We told her we knew she was a princess and that was why she had to have so many crowns!

They were a little grumpy when they first woke up, but after that they did great! We stopped to eat at the cracker barrel on the way home and they each got to choose a prize for being such good little kids!

Even though these surgeries were not serious ones, I was so nervous. You would think with all of the surgeries I've been through with Shaylee, that these would be a breeze, but I'm the mom and I still hate to see my babies have to go through anything. I'm so grateful everything went well!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a day! Glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a dental assistant, I always felt so bad for the kids that had to do that, but at the same time it is the best way for the kids and their parents!! That is so funny ashlyn was excited, I bet that made it a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the fun Mom!!!! How funny that we did slip n slide pretty much at the same time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad they did so well! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete