Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fourth of July celebration

We love celebrating the 4th at my Mom's house! My hometown has the best parade ever and the kids have fun getting lots of candy.

A military jet fly over starts the parade and it is so neat to see and hear those big jets coming


Me, my hubby, and baby
We all had the $5 matching shirts from Old Navy this year










After the parade Dell and I stop by 7-11 for our annual slurpee. We always park in front of 7-11 to watch the parade and for some reason we never stop to get a slurpee any other time of the year. I might have to change that because the one I got this year was so good.

We all gather in at my Mom's house and we make Navajo tacos and then we head over to the Delta City Park for more fun and games. They had a couple of bounce houses this year, and they have pony rides and fish ponds and stuff like that.






The kids loved cooling off in the stream at the park


After all of that we go back to Mom's to hang out. We bbq hamburgers that night. Everyone else goes to the Demolition Derby, but we have skipped out on that for the past few years with our kids being so young.
We always head over for the fireworks that night and the kids all really enjoyed that this year.



It is a fun way to celebrate! I'm so thankful to live in the USA and I am so glad to those who fight for our freedoms. We are very blessed to live in America.


1 comment: