Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My weekend projects

I have been following the blog http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/ and I love it! This gal has the cutest stuff that she finds at the D.I. or yard sales and then she re-finishes it. She inspired me to try it myself.

My mom found two end tables at a yard sale, $15 for them together. I needed something to fill a corner by my couch so I decided to have her buy them for me and I gave the process a try.

BEFORE:



AFTER:


I spray painted it with Krylon Almond spray paint, then glazed it with a black glaze to give it the "antique" look! I had so much fun doing it that I decided to do a chair as well.

I found a regular wood chair at our local Friday second hand store for $10 and primed it, painted it with Krylon Ocean Breeze Blue, then glazed it.

I love it and love the way it brightens up my front porch!!!!!


I'm not very talented or crafty, but this was a simple and fun project for me.......now I just have to decide what I want to paint next!!!

P.S. My very sweet, loving, kind, (and a tiny bit boring) husband liked the table better BEFORE I painted it, but luckily he lets me do whatever I want with our home decor! So he might be a little nervous for my next project, I really want to do the kitchen table.

August 8, 2011

I finally finished my other end table today! I decided to paint it a burgandy color and when I started spraying it looked really RED! I think I'm going to like it though. I'm not sure if this will be it's permanant home in this spot or not. I love trying new things and colors out.

3 comments:

  1. I am cracking up that he loved that table before. Isn't that such a guy thing? You did a great job on your projects. I say GO FOR IT with the dinning table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why we don't ask the hubs, right? :) Great projects...love that blue chair!

    ReplyDelete